If you are the victim of an auto accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries, pain and/or property damage. Engaging one of our attorneys can be helpful when you are dealing with insurance companies and looking to receive the settlement amount you deserve.
The attorneys at Robichaux Law Firm, LLC can help you to investigate the accident, identify the party responsible for your injury, and seek appropriate financial compensation. Some auto accident cases can be settled with insurance companies out of court, and we can also assist with that process.
Vehicle Accident Case Types
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- No Cost Without Recovery
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are The Most Common Causes Of Auto Accidents In New Orleans?
- What Types Of Injuries Do Motorcycle Riders Generally Sustain From Accidents?
- What Are The Most Common Causes Of 18-Wheeler Trucking Accidents?
- Why Do Tractor-Trailer Accidents Occur?
- How Can I Afford An Auto Accident Injury Attorney To Represent Me?
- What Are Some Common Causes Of Auto Accidents In Louisiana?
- Am I Required To Notify My Insurance Company If I Am Involved In An Auto Accident?
- What Evidence Is Important To Prove My Personal Injury Accident Claim?
I’ve Just Been In An Auto Accident! What Steps Should I Take And At What Point Do I Need A Car Accident Attorney?
- Get yourself to a safe area. Roads are full of traffic and dangerous for you to stand on, so try to pull your vehicle off to the shoulder. If the vehicle is no longer operational, turn on your hazard lights and stay inside the vehicle until emergency responders arrive on scene.
- Call 911. In any accident, it will be important to have a police officer investigate and create a police report. Documentation of your recollection of what happened in the accident is crucial when determining who was at fault for the crash.
- Get medical treatment, even if you don’t think you are injured. Auto accidents are forceful collisions that can cause delayed injuries to your body. These injuries often catch people off guard several days after the accident occurred. Always seek medical attention, even if you feel convinced that you are not injured.
- Contact an experienced car accident attorney in New Orleans right away to advise you on how you can prepare to protect your legal rights.
Truck Accidents In Louisiana
While any type of accident can be devastating, a truck accident can cause especially damaging injuries. Trucks are much larger and heavier than cars, meaning that the driver of the car is likely to be hurt even more severely than they would have been in a car-on-car accident. When you have been injured in a truck accident in New Orleans or Chalmette, it is imperative that you consult a truck accident attorney.
New Orleans And Motorcycle Accidents
While a truck accident may cause more serious injuries than a car accident, few auto accidents are more catastrophic than motorcycle accidents. The driver of a motorcycle is not afforded air bags and is not enclosed in steel, like drivers of cars and trucks are. Motorcycle drivers who are involved in accidents often suffer incredibly severe injuries beyond broken bones and soft tissue injuries, including brain damage, paralysis, and even death. A New Orleans motorcycle accident attorney is key in making sure that you are fairly compensated for the damages you suffer.
Can I Still File A Personal Injury Claim If I Was Partial To Blame For The Accident That Injured Me?
Louisiana adheres to a pure comparative negligence rule when dealing with accident claims. If you were 60% at fault for the accident that injured you, for instance, you will be entitled to recover for the forty percent of damages that are attributed to the negligence of the other party. Deciding which percentages of fault should be attributed to each party is a very complicated process and will be left to the jury or the judge, if your case proceeds to trial. An experienced Chalmette, LA auto accident attorney will be able to advise you on how likely your case is succeed. Contact the personal injury attorneys at the Robichaux Law Firm today for a free claim evaluation.
Contact our law firm to find out your rights as the victim of an automobile accident. The Robichaux Law Firm, LLC has over 44 years of experience helping victims of car accidents receive financial compensation.
Our firm does not charge a fee for initial consultations. We work on a contingency fee, and there is no charge to our clients if we are unable to recover money for you.
Call Now To Receive A Free Legal Evaluation